Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Fun Stuff!



I'm of the view that you can't be serious all the time. So I made a fun Valentine's piece, called 'Kiss My...Cow!'. I was going to promote it here... but actually, it sold as soon as I listed it (picture above), so I hope you're with me in just having fun looking at the piece itself. And perhaps celebrate with me, too, that was my 100th sale on Etsy!

There's something about working with bright and cheerful fabric that uplifts the soul. And as a cat fan, who loves dogs too, I thought I'd do something with the scraps of cat and dog cloth that were lurking in my cupboard. The other image is of the piece that resulted, Precious Pets. It never ceases to amaze me how effective simple shapes and patterns are, combined with strong colours. I think it is perhaps part of the ongoing popularity of patchwork and quilting, that you can make beautiful things in a very simple way. So.... what are you doing here? Go Make Something!

11 comments:

Sixsisters said...

Congrats on you sale Marion ! I can see why it sold;
great and funny too.

sassyglassdesigns said...

I love "kiss my cow"; I always gets such a kick out of the "california Cheese" cows commercials.

kim* said...

fun fabric. i love your choices.

Michele said...

These are adorable and fun pieces. Ok, I'm off to make something.

Rose said...

What a fun piece! I chuckle over the "california cheese cows" too!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Congrats on the sale! It was too cute to stay in your shop anyway :P

And I am making something! I'm opening up 10 blogs or so, and crafting while they load :P Got a new bracelet that I'm working on and REALLY excited about it!

Flax and Spindle said...

How much fun is that!

lisa winter said...

this is a super fun quilt!

lisa winter said...

this is a super fun quilt!

Jo Hoffacker said...

I adore your "Kiss my Cow" piece. Too fun!

Zoe said...

lol love that cow!