Saturday, 19 April 2008

Hand Of Friendship


has been kicking around here for a while, a small art quilt, but I decided to list it on Etsy today. It was made for a challenge, but didn't get as far as the actual exhibit, I think I was having a bad patch, and when that happens, everything stops.

I've made a number of pieces using hands. For me they are the ultimate symbol of creativity. This particular piece, though, reflects all the different gifts that our friends bring us; sympathy, love, encouragement, care, help, comfort, understanding, joy, enthusiasm and companionship. And that, of course, is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

I am fortunate enough to have a lot of friends; this piece is dedicated to them. All of them. Those I have met, personally, and my virtual friends. All of them, very special people.

3 comments:

The Nature Nut said...

What a lovely piece! I checked out the listing in your Etsy shop and I love all the quilting and the colours of the thread you chose. Just lovely!

ZudaGay said...

I love it!! It is beautiful and the sentiment behind it makes it a treasure!

Home Broker said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.