Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Who Says...


art isn't educational? I was intrigued by a couple of old stamps I was given amongst some ephemera. I liked them a lot, thought they depicted a truly beautiful woman, and made an ACEO with them. Today, I discovered that Katherine Anne Porter was an award winning US writer. I read a lot of US writers, including Willa Cather, one of my favourites, but I hadn't ever come across Ms Porter. Find out about her here

Or, if you'd rather, admire my ACEO, Remembering Katherine, in the picture above, and in my Etsy shop here

4 comments:

MagdaleneJewels said...

How interesting, maybe it is a sign of good luck for your new endeavor as a writer. Just reminded of my stamp collection I had when I was young which I had inherited from my aunt, so it goes back to the 1930's. I'll bet I will find some interesting stamps in there.

Myfanwy said...

Lovely ACEO Marion.....

June Shin said...

I love old stamps, and having a story behind it just makes it so much more interesting.

Pfeiffer Photos said...

Like this piece, nice work. I read European writers...small world after all. :0)