Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Connections...


is a new piece just listed in the shop It is a lutradur piece, which I stitched into and then added fibres using the embellisher machine, which felts fabrics into each other, as well as creating needlefelt using wool and other fibres. And then it lay about in my studio for ages, as it wasn't quite finished. Recently, however, I've discovered a latent passion for fuschia; I've always loved the plants, but not been so fond of the colour. However, I discovered it mixes wonderful strong orange colours when I bought a tube of acrylic paint that was on sale (I'm forever buying cheap paint...), and fished the solitary reel of fuschia thread out of my thread storage box. And it added the final connections the piece needed. Voila!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love the pieces you make with the lutrador!

AltheaP said...

These are very happy colors, Marion!

Carol said...

Good luck to you both with the new venture