Saturday, 2 May 2009

Terrified By White Paper?




You know, when you want to create, but the white paper is scary, and you sit there and think, and somehow nothing gets done? I have the solution! Work small, and work with pre prepared card! I've just added these to my Etsy shop; hand painted card that is in Inchie or ATC format (ie 1" square or 2.5" by 3.5"). You can use them however you wish... just as they are, on cards or collage, or use them as a starting point for your own creativity. Look at each one with a fresh eye, work out what theme it suggests to you, and start to collage or paint. Above all, have fun! You can find the inchies here, and the ATC/ACEOs here

It really doesn't matter if you start from a blank sheet of paper, or from a pre prepared background; the work you make will be uniquely yours, I promise! And however you make your art, make sure you have lots of fun, too!

4 comments:

Chauncey said...

I am hoping you are on to something here, Marion! They look lovely.

Audrey said...

Awesome!! Love the colors. You always have such great ideas and items. Love to look at your shop.

Steve said...

sometimes the background making is the most fun for me. These are lovely.

Bethany Stephens said...

This totally reminds me of a quote I put on my blog today... "“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” - Jack London. If we just sit around and wait for the white paper to tell us what to do to it, we're going to have a pretty silent conversation! haha